Peace, Love & Ice Cream
When you choose Ben & Jerry's:
- You support cage-free egg production and the well-fare of dairy cows as well, preventing animal suffering.
- You support fair trade, as Ben & Jerry's ice creams contain fair trade sugar, vanilla, cocoa, coffee and bananas. By the end of 2013 all their products worldwide will be made with fair trade ingredients.
- You help support forests and wild life preservation because the packaging is made of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paper.
Ben & Jerry's is a company that cares about both social justice and the environment. Here is what they do to prove it:
- Ben & Jerry's use their profit in order to evolve and develop more sustainable production methods, but also produce investment opportunities and carreer growth opportunities for their employees.
- The company also recognizes that waste management is a challenge and they minimize their waste by turning it into energy via a methane digester.
- Ben & Jerry's is also always looking for farming and production methods that do not require chemicals and do not contribute to water and soil degradation.
In fact, the company cares so much about their environmental “hoofprint” -as they put it- that they even fought to bring the hydrocarbon freezers to the US, for a more sustainable display of their products. How awesome is that?!