Are you looking for an eco friendly bag that is one of a kind, fits your most valuable possessions and is durable enough to carry around with you 24/7? Then Freitag could be what you are looking for!
When you invest in a Freitag bag:
- You help recycle truck tarps that would otherwise be waste products.
- You get a product that is one of a kind, extremely durable and, of course, looks great
- You get bags that are produced in Switzerland and sewn in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, France, Portugal and Tunisia. No sweat shops involved!
How it started
When in 1978 their father showed to Markus and Daniel Freitag how composting works, the seed of the recycling concept was planted in their heads. In 1993 they founded Freitag, giving shape to their own idea of recycling.
Freitag each year:
- Re-purposes on average 440 tons of truck tarpaulins, 35,000 bicycle inner tubes and 288,000 car seat-belts
- Offers 40 models in the Freitag Fundamentals collection and 10 models in Freitag Reference collection
- Offers fair wage and healthy working conditions to more than 150 employees
Freitag has an extended documentation of all the processes that go on from the purchase of the used tarp, until it is transformed into a bag. And it is not just about materials, but also about the people who work enthusiastically to get things done.
Do you represent this company?