Hard core green
Are you looking for a hard core eco friendly accessory with a real touch of naughty on it? Then Heavy Eco, apparel and accessories made by prisoners in Eastern Europe, is just what you have been looking for.
When you buy a Heavy Eco item:
- You support the rehabilitation of prisoners through a creative, meaningful activity.
- You get unique bags made from recycled billboards, that come with a lifetime guarantee.
- You get t-shirts full of cryptic symbols of the criminal world, that no one else will be able to decipher (well, except from Russian prisoners, that is)
Heavy Eco is a social enterprise that strives to make the world a better place. There are many flaws within the rehabilitation system and engaging the prisoners in an alternative activity that lets them use their imagination can be the start of something great. On top of this effort, Heavy Eco:
- Sources its organic cotton t-shirts from factories with fair wages and safe working conditions in India and Turkey.
- Pays every single artisan involved in the production process, including the convicted prisoners.
- Donates 50% of the profits to NGO's that help homeless and orphaned children, in order to keep them outside of the vicious crime-prison cycle.
Why not support the creations of people who have a challenging past and present but are trying to change their lives for the better?